L I F E | of an event person

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

While I don't have an exact description for my current position at You & Co. - my side business whereby I plan & style weddings, events and even birthdays. I wouldn't call myself only a wedding planner as I do plan birthdays and events as well as style these occasions. Hence, "Creative Event Designer".

I've been asked on how I'd juggle between having a full-time job as a copywriter in an agency and still be able to plan and prepare for my events. You see, it's not as easy as it seems to be. It isn't all that glamour that our guests and clients see. From the clients' perspective, they would only see 2 hours of setup and wahllaaa it's done, so easy! Some may go "Why do I even have to pay you so much when it's such an easy job?" but the actual fact is that it takes hours, days, weeks or even months of planning, sketching and preparation before they see the final beautiful outcome. And let's not forget about the artworks which would probably take hours and hours of research and design. To do at least one test setup in order to have a clear look of how the final outcome will be before the final set up.

For me to juggle between my personal time, work and this, it takes a whole lot of patience and passion. To be able to find time after work for research & design, even weekends sacrificed to go all over town to get the needed items and materials. The fact that I'm not the kind of person who would just "make-do" with whatever I have but to find perfection in every event that I plan and style. I suppose you can call me stubborn but nevertheless, at the end of the day I find all of these worthy of my hard work.

I do thank all my clients for trusting in me to do an awesome job while I juggle between my full-time job and having to prepare for their events.
Post Comment
Post a Comment

thank you for coming by ♥

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature